Download Your Free E-Commerce Startup Checklist
Here are some really important questions to ask your self before you start the process of setting up your online store
- Do you choose one product or multiple products
- Who are my customers, how do I find them?
- Who are my competitors?
- How do you send your items?
- Where will you store them?
- If your selling high ticket items will I go over the threshold for paying GST – Do you need to register for GST? ( Yes in Australia if you sell more than $75 k a year)
- Do you choose products that fit into satchels for ease of sending?
- Do you choose non breakable products to sell?
- Do you choose breakable products – what packaging will I need for those items
- Where do you source packing materials
- How do you source a courier or do you use Australia Post
- Do you need registered mail or parcels?
- Do you need insurance
- Do you need a staff member to help me pack – how much do I pay them?
- Do you have a brand or logo developed yet
- Do you have a Facebook page set up, what social media platform will you concentrate on?
- How are you going to market your product?
- What shopping platform will you use?
- Who will design the store or will you use a theme?
- How are you going to accept payments? payment gateway, paypal, stripe?
- How do I get my product or store appearing in search engines?
- Do you have a budget for marketing and advertising?
These are just some of the questions you should be asking yourself before you think about starting your online store. A really good way before you start any business is to
P.S. Firstly I love and recommend Shopify for a few reasons firstly it is a hosted eCommerce Solution which means the software and hosting are provided with service and importantly support is provided. With stores like Shopify, it also ensures that updates, upgrades and maintenance as part of the service providers responsibility.
P.P.S If you would like to talk to me about how Shopify might work for you business schedule in a quick chat here