45 Helpful Facebook Statistics
We know that as a business owner it’s incredibly beneficial to be active on Facebook. But, do we know why? To help answer that question, we’ve scoured the web and compiled 45 of the most interesting and useful Facebook stats. Hopefully you can use these 45 helpful Facebook statistics to plan your strategy with an edge. If you’d like to read up about each statistic in more detail, be sure to check out the linked sources.
Listed in no particular order, let’s dive in.
- Facebook boasts 2.34 (2.375, to be exact) billion users every single month.
- That’s over 60% of the world’s internet users.
- Of that, 1.49 billion use the platform each day.
- 1 billion users tend to stick to the mobile version.
- Facebook is the world’s third most popular website (yes, in terms of the entire Internet). First is Google, followed by YouTube.
- 350 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every single day.
Users by Region
- 22.9% of the world’s population uses Facebook.
- Facebook is the most popular in India, where 300 million users enjoy the platform.
- Following that is the United States, in which there are 210 million users. That amounts to about 68% of Americans.
- Countries taking the 3rd, 4th, and 5th spots are Brazil, Indonesia, and Mexico.
- Most people that use Facebook reside in cities or more urban areas. The average hovers around three in every four.
Users by Age
- The majority of Facebook users are between the ages of 18 – 34.
- There are more women on Facebook than men (77% versus 64%).
- 51% of teens utilize the platform, though Youtube, Instagram, and Snapchat are more popular with the age group.
- Facebook’s global audience consists of only 7% between the ages of 13 – 17.
- Users under 25 make up a huge portion of the ad audience – about 35%, to be exact.
- Of users, 78% have learned about new products and items of interest thanks to Facebook.
- However, 44% of people say that Facebook takes the cake for online shopping inspiration.
- 43% of Facebook users utilize the network as their source for news.
- Users visit the site an average of 8 times per day…
- …and spend an average of 20 minutes on the platform during each visit.
- 200 million users are involved in Facebook groups.
- There are automated programs that allow businesses to contact customers via Messenger, but only 31% are taking advantage of this. Try it out!
- 88% of users use the mobile app more frequently than the desktop version of the site.
- On average, users like 10 posts and comment on 4 each month.
- Facebook’s 2018 Q4 ad revenue amounted to $16.6 billion.
- This amount is 30% higher than last year.
- The number of ad impressions for 2018 increased by 34%.
- The average Facebook cost per click is $1.72.
- Typically, users interact with about 8 Facebook ads per month.
- 0.9% is Facebook’s average click-through rate.
- If you want to increase your chances of ad success, be sure to include a CTA.
- When it comes to ad titles, 4 words is the magic number.
- As for the description, 15 words works best.
Advertising with Videos
- Videos are the most successful form of ads, with daily views amounting to 8 billion each day (including live and posted videos).
- Of video ads across the entire web, 24.5% of those take place on Facebook spending-wise.
- People spend 3x longer on Live videos than on other types of video content.
- Videos work the best with the 65+ demographic.
- Users age 18 – 24 have a 25% shorter attention span for video ads.
- The sound-off feature is a good one, because 85% of videos ads are played silently. People like it this way.
- Videos made for Facebook (versus recycled content) have a 67% higher success rate in terms of creating brand awareness.
- On average, users spend 5x longer engaging with video ads versus any other form.
- Best time to post? Weekdays 10am – 3pm.
- 1pm proves the best time for receiving optimal shares.
- Thursdays and Fridays have higher activity levels engagement-wise.
- When posting, the average organic reach is 6.4% of page likes.
Hopefully these stats will help you in planning your next Facebook ad strategy. Getting to know your audience is huge, but these should give you a great place to start.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready to grow and scale your e-commerce store
> Apply for The E-Commerce Women In Business Mastermind
Yours in success,